Book Review- Heroes of the Faith Ken Taylor Bringing the Bible to Life

Back in 2005, I was working as a physical therapist in Carol Stream, IL and I treated a patient whose name I associated with some Christian literature, I thought some children's bibles. His name was Ken Taylor and I remember my boss telling me that he was a very important patient. Until reading this book, I had no idea the impact Mr Taylor has had on the 21st century. You see, he started as director of Moody Press and helped get it up and running. During his time there, he felt there ought to be a Christian organization for booksellers to network, he called it the Christian Booksellers Association which has been hugely successful.
Mr Taylor admitted that he had difficulty reading and understanding the KJV and began the incredible task of translating the bible into a thought-for-thought paraphrase; he called it The Living Bible which has sold over 40 million copies. He started with the Epistles and called them the Living Letters, which was personally endorsed by Billy Graham. In order to get it printed though, he needed a publisher, thus was born Tyndale House Publishers. He named it after William Tyndale, who died at the stake after translating the Bible into English. The Living Bible was published in it's entirety in 1971, turns out my parents have a copy that I read when I was a teenager and we have a copy on our shelf!
Needless to say, I wish I knew more about him while I was treating him. Little did I know that he would soon pass on to glory. On June 10, 2005 Mr Taylor went home to be with the LORD. Recently, I started blogging for Tyndale and am amazed at the lives that continue to be changed because of one man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of a prayer and praise coloring journal

Book Review-The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge by Tony Dungy

Book Review-What the Bible Says About Parenting by John MacArthur