Book Review-A Love That Multiplies by Michelle & Jim BobDuggar

My husband and I have been following the Duggar's show, 19 Kids and Counting on TLC for the past 3 years and to be honest I wanted to know more. The book, A Love That Multiplies was their second book and was published earlier this year. We knew that they had a preemie, Josie, in 2009 and I guess this is when I got hooked since I was pregnant at the time and it made me ponder the reality of the situation. During this trial, they (Michelle & Jim Bob) were very honest and transparent about their faith, but really they speak boldly for the Lord in every show/interview.

To be honest, I was first a skeptic because of a previous reality show (Jon and Kate + 8) that turned me off, but after reading this book I am a believer. I am a believer because they stand firmly on the Word of God in their business decisions, parenting and everything else. Michelle wrote most of the book and I sure appreciated her openness pertaining to her early parenting struggles. Now, at one point they had 11 kids under the age of 11 (two sets of twins) and were juggling parenting and homeschool responsibilities. I don't have any idea what this would be like, but...she turned to God for answers. I sure appreciate the truth of Hebrews 4:16 when I don't know what to do. She spoke about the anger she felt when parenting and shares how God taught her a mighty lesson. The more I watch her on camera and listen to her during interviews I am excited that it IS possible to manage ALL God's blessings patiently and in a spirit of gentleness.

Great read (5 stars), would totally recommend to any parents. It would make a great Christmas gift!

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review-The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge by Tony Dungy

Review of a prayer and praise coloring journal

Book Review-What the Bible Says About Parenting by John MacArthur